Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Do These Lashes Make Tummy Look Flat?

I'm leaving for Mexico tomorrow! If you could imagine me simultaneously jumping up and down while weeping, you would have a good picture about how I feel right now. I'm really, really excited for a few relaxing days away, laying on the beach, and sleeping through the night. But saying goodbye to the boys is going to be really, really tough. Ryan's parents have kindly offered to come and watch them, so I know they will be having an amazing time with Mimi and Grandpa while we're away, but I'm still going to miss the heck out of them. 

   


So about the trip... I know what most women worry about when they're headed on a beach trip.

Eyelashes, right?

Think of it as a really vain version of the Serenity Prayer. There are things we can change - without too much effort, money or pain - (i.e. eyelashes) and things that we cannot (i.e. oh, I don't know, stretch marks?) 

I know the difference and I've chosen to focus all of my energies on the former. 

Apparently, these ladies have gotten eyelash extensions:
livelovehairblog.wordpress.com

And so did Tricia - the trendy, adorable, younger sister I'm always yammering on about. (Side note: I have a trendy, adorable, older sister too - I'll be yammering on about her on here when she visits with my sweet nephew Brady next week!)

Anyhow, Tricia was really good at graciously fielding compliments about her lashes without giving away the secret. I, however, couldn't stop myself from telling anyone that complimented my new look (and probably a few people who said nothing at all): "They're FAKE! Extensions I tell you!"

A few friends have asked me to blog about them, (probably just to shut me up), but for those that are interested, here is a behind-the-scenes look at professional eyelash extensions:

It looks pretty intense, but really the most painful part is laying flat on a table for a really long time - like two hours. 

You can't stop your big sis from taking pics when someone is pointing that thing at your eye.
At first, I thought that sounded kind of amazing, but sleeping isn't easy when your eyes are taped shut and there are sharp tools moving around them. Also, after about an hour and twenty minutes I start to get pretty antsy and my hips begin getting sore, but maybe that's just me. 

These falsies are supposed to last for two to four weeks, which seems like a pretty good trade-off. I'll have to update you if that window is shortened by a few days of salt water and chlorine. 

I'm not sure how long I'll keep them up, but I think they're pretty awesome. I mean, I wake up feeling fancy. Even, my sweatshirts suddenly look dressed up. And since I don't tend to wear makeup on vacations, they seem perfect for a beach trip.

Here are the obligatory before and after shots:

Danielle: Before
Danielle: After
I'm pretty sure Ryan doesn't notice them, but he doesn't seem to notice stretch marks either, so I'm okay with that. 

Tricia: Before
Tricia: After
So what do you think? Another crazy thing to add to the list of what women do for beauty? Or a fun and painless way to dress things up for a special occasion, vacation, or trip to the grocery store?

No comments:

Post a Comment